The Coppin State University Athletic Training Staff, in conjunction with the Athletics Department and the University, strives to provide comprehensive, state-of-the-art, quality healthcare services for the well-being of the student-athletes. Each member of the Coppin State University Athletic Training Staff will do his or her part to provide professional leadership, counseling and education necessary to prevent, manage, rehabilitate and return the student-athlete to athletic activity as quickly, but as safely as possible. The Coppin State University Athletic Training staff will work with university and community healthcare providers to establish a partnership with the student athletes and the coaches.
Coppin State University Athletic Training Objectives
- Create an environment where all student athletes involved in the intercollegiate athletic program at Coppin State receive the best medical care possible.
- Educate and encourage student athletes and coaches about strategies and habits that promote a healthy lifestyle now and for a lifetime.
- Comply with University, NCAA, and Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference guidelines regarding medical care coverage for intercollegiate athletics.
- Assist athletic training students in becoming competent in the field of athletic training and to help them pursue a career in sports medicine.
- Provide an environment that will encourage continuing education and growth in the field of sports medicine for all staff, graduate assistants, and athletic training students.
- Continue a strong reputation as an Allied Medical professional that can be called upon to assist university and athletic administration, coaching staffs, student athletes, and the community in providing optimal care for the physically active.
Coppin State University Student-Athlete Medical Database
All returning and new Coppin State student-athletes are required to enter data in the CSU medical portal. The website to enter medical information can be found at https://www.atsusers.com Contact John Lopez or Zach Ruble for username and password information.
Coppin State University Athletic Training Staff
Coppin State University Team Physician
Physical Education Complex