-- Arlon Morrison
and Brandon Miles
of Coppin State had strong showings in the decathlon in the first day of competition at the 2007 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championships at Hughes Stadium on the campus of Morgan State.
Morrison is in fourth place after day one with 3,381 points, while Miles is currently fifth with 3,287 points.
Thomas Dunn of Delaware State leads the competition after day one with 3,822 points. Jason Daley of Maryland-Eastern Shore is second with 3,693 points and Harold Rose of Bethune-Cookman is third with 3,614 points.
Morrison had the best shot put amongst the field with a throw of 40-2.75 and was fourth in the long jump and the high jump.
Miles won his heat of the 100 meters in 11.55 and was second in his heat of the 400 meters in 53.10.
The competition will conclude on Friday (May 4) with the 110 hurdles, discus throw, pole vault, javelin and 1500 meters.
1. Thomas Dunn, Delaware State 3822 pts
2. Jason Daley, Maryland-Eastern Shore 3693 pts
3. Harold Rose, Bethune-Cookman 3614 pts
6. Jamahl Strachan, Maryland-Eastern Shore 3228 pts
7. Gregory Clarke, Delaware State 3142 pts
8. Meredith Whitties, Norfolk State 3051 pts
9. Justin Ross, Hampton 2901 pts
10. Jason Tolliver, Norfolk State 2898 pts
11. Chris McCoy, Florida A&M 2674 pts
12. Zachary Wallace, Delaware State 2586 pts